Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation



Ever since Laura blogged about this foundation I have been dying to get my hands on it! So when jayne tweeted me saying she has a spare one, that doesnt match her skin I was delighted to take it off her hands.


Laura described the foundation as having a gel like consistency and that is what drew me in. I love foundaions, which are quite thick and are gel and silicon based. To me Gel means, dewy and flawless finish, and I can infact confirm that the foundation lives up to this!

I applied this how I usually apply my foundation; splodging it over my face, then buffing it in. I use the Sigma F80 brush do buff my foundation in, as I believe it provides the best results, in comparison to any other brush I have used. Once I finshed all my buffing and blending, I was left with a beautiful smooth flawless looking skin. That is if you were looking from far lol.



It gave a medium coverage without looking like I have too much on my face. The finish is a nice glowy/Dewy finish which I love. If your someone who doesnt like this sort of finish you could always de-shine with some powder! If you have very oily skin then this founation may not be for you, as it isnt too drying. I find that I dont need to touch up at all during the day, whereas I have read that others do. This may possibly be because of my skin; I hardly ever touch up any foundation I wear.



The foundation itself does have a specs of shimmer which are suppose to be light relecting particles. When I swatched it on my hand, the shimmer wasnt very noticable, but after I applied it to my face It was more noticable in my opinion. Although this was the case, its very subtle and you cannot tell unless you look very close and are visibally searching for something.

Overall I think its a great foundation, and would look beautiful in the summer... This may be the foundation I take on Holiday, but I am still on the lookout for the perfect fouonation to take.
If anyone has an suggestions as to which founations are the best in extremely hot conditions please let me know!



Sharmin

   Twitter    BlogLovin' ♥ IRMedia

5 comments:

  1. I am going to have to give in and try this! The shade looks perfect too and I am a classic beige in all other foundations so hoping they have matched the colour along the same lines :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This foundation looks so pretty on you. I'm on the hunt for the perfect foundation as well. I have combo skin. I also have issues with finding the right shade due to tanning/self tanning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty on you <3

    http://exoticwaytoburn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes your skin look so bloody gorgeous! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank You For your Lovely Comments ♥

♥Followers♥